Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

LOVE

I'm still here! And I loved my class...thanks for checking on me, Tegan. I fully intend on looking great this summer!
All's well here in Justin. Logan has found his toes, and I love leaving him in his diaper, letting him roll around on his blanket, holding onto those things for dear life. There's something about a baby holding their own toes in a diaper with deep chub creases. He's happy.
Leah's bouncing off the walls tonight. I still can't figure out what she ate today to make her act like this. I told Vanessa earlier today that she was acting like a squirrel on speed locked in a mason jar. But she's happy too, so I shouldn't complain.
We're headed to San Antonio this weekend to see Leslie's family and their new baby. We'll stop at my parents on the way home. Next week, Ryan's dad will come to visit. He's not seen Logan yet and hasn't been to our house either, so it'll be nice to have him.
Not much other news, i'm just working 4 days a week, anxious to be able to really stay home. My house is so much more peaceful and calm and clean and organized and balanced when i'm able to be here to take care of it. When I don't get home until after 5, 3 days a week, it's hard to cook a good meal for supper, you know?
Today in Ladies class we talked about God's love. I realize that I'll never fully understand how much He really loves us. I've only ever been shown love all my life. I've had great friends in college that taught me how to be a good friend...LOVE. My parents loved each other...and still do, 35 years next month... LOVE. My siblings and I all love each other and would do anything for each other...LOVE. Ryan and I would do anything for each other and for our kids to be safe...LOVE. My kids need me and have a way of resting their heads on my chest or shoulder that says I'm the best and no one is more important or even comes close to caring for their needs, and that even if I mess up, i'll still be the best Mommy...LOVE. Funny, that even after all those experiences of love, it doesn't even come close to how much we are truly loved, and held safe and high.

1 comment:

kinetic said...

Hurray--I'm glad the class was good! It makes me want to re-join a gym, but one that actually has classes. I love vicariously experiencing the simple bliss of discovery through Leah and Logan!

I hope your weekend trip was fun! Thanks for your thoughts on love in general as well as the concept of inconceivable, mysterious, unconditional love.
-le tegan