I get grumpy. I don't realize it until I hear the way I talk to my husband sometimes. Poor guy. But he gets grumpy too. He works long hours, every day but Sunday. And even then, we're up early for church and then he works on our house and our yard and our cars. Last week he was playing with Logan and he said, "It's like he sees me for the first time, everytime!" I thought that was very profound! Logan is a happy baby, there's no doubt about that. But really, everytime he looks at me or Ryan, or Leah, or someone else he knows well, he gets as happy as the first time he ever knew he was looking at us. I'm talking about a huge gummy smile, eyes shining, dimples deep and soft and even his nose perks up as to say, "I'm happy to see you!" I can't imagine being so happy everytime I look at Ryan, or him being that happy everytime he sees me. Can you imagine? An ego boost? Yes. It's nice to know someone is thrilled at my very exsistence. Even happier to feel validated that I am funny sometimes. Christi talked about joy on my most special day 4 years ago. She spoke of joy as an inner beauty. Logan reminds me everyday that it feels good to be happy. And I think he's so beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment