Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Junks

Leah just threw up for no reason tonight. We were in the living room with Ryan and out of nowhere, she threw up. She didn't cry, didn't act uncomfortable and didn't seem bothered by the fact that she got sick.
I cleaned up Leah and Ryan cleaned up the living room. While bathing her and brushing Leah's teeth, she told me what just happened.
"Mommy, I ate a burp." That's the first way she told me. We finished cleaning her up and went to the living room to snuggle for a bit. Next, she told Ryan, "Daddy, I had the junks." We laughed. We gave her water and crackers to further settle her stomach. A few minutes later she told me, "I had the spits. Daddy had the spits too." I don't remember the last time Ryan was sick.
So Leah's coined a new phrase for us. If you hear us talk about, "the junks", you'll know what we're talking about.
P.S. Logan ate pasta with vegetables tonight. It was baby food...he loved it. He's growing up so fast we can hardly believe it. I'm anxious for Christi and Tim to see both kids this weekend. It was so much fun being with Vanessa and Grant last weekend. The kids loved them and I had a ball too. Of course I had fun with Mom...that's a given for me:) The kids know and love her too. I enjoyed seeing them with my sisters and brother and their spouses too.
The junks. HaHa!

2 comments:

s&sjohnson08 said...

The Junks! Love it! I was drivign with my preacher and his little girl to camp last summer when the 'Junks' happened to Sara. She was so shocked all she could say was WHAT HAPPENED?

Anonymous said...

I think I like this story the best :)