I was lucky enough to get to go to Jared and Charla's wedding yesterday. I knew I was going to see some old friends and was pretty excited. (I have this great husband that told me to go without kids and enjoy being filled with fellowship...and that I was!) I also have this great brother and sister-in-law that help with the kids when we need a break. So thank you to Matt and Katie for lending a hand. You are appreciated and loved!
Expecting to go and visit for a few hours, probably laugh and remember good times, I surprised myself by crying more after the wedding than during! The wedding was beautiful, honest, pure, a great reminder of what a Godly marriage is to look like, and made me fall in love with Ryan even more than I already am. I found myself tearing up multiple times while visiting with friends afterward. You see, I had these great friends in college.It was nice to get caught up with everyone. I have a unique group that continue to speak to my heart. My Soul Concern boys are some of the most special people i've ever known. They served as my friends and protectors for 2 years during my stint with the group. I always knew that they were special to me, but I'm seeing now just how vital they were in my growth in heart and spirit. We used to do a skit about Jeremiah 29:11, that reminded us all that God has plans for us. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,"
It's now, when I can look back and see where God has placed each of us some 9 years later, that I continue to be amazed and greatful for His promises. More than His promises, I am humbled at His consistency in doing what He said He'd do...and that He loves to bless us! I know that one of the ways He has blessed me and prospered me was to plant these people in my life.
As they say, my cup runneth over after such a day as yesterday. I'm so thankful for the friends God has placed in my life. I'm thankful for the way He has provided for them, used them in the lives of others, given them gifts which they are using to serve Him, and held them close when they've felt lost. He has listened to us, and He has given us peace.
It was so nice to see everyone...Jared, thanks for getting married so we could all get together for a day of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment