Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

This problem is growing...

Before I share this picture, please know that I understand this is a minor problem in the great big picture. We are being taken care of, we have warm beds, we have power (even though we have to get it all from Logan's room...) we have water, and it's even warm! I just wanted to share this picture so that those of you that care, can see what exactly has happened in our master bedroom:

They've discovered that the pipe is still frozen. Notice the blow-torch in the window? They're using it to try to thaw out the pipe so they can cover it with drywall again. The ceiling has looked like that for a few days now but the newest gutting is behind the ladder. That's where the pipe that froze runs outside and is our hose hook-up. They're literally downstairs right now trying to thaw it out manually!
I do appreciate them. All 6 of them down there right now. One of them played the piano for us, they all pat the kids' heads as they walk by. They've even picked up on all 3 of the kids' names and say hello to them individually as they walk in and out of the garage/kitchen door. They all said lunch smelled good, and I so wished I had enough to share with them all.
All of our warm air is being sucked out of our house through the holes. I think the kids and I will be upstairs most of the day. If you need me, knock really loud or just come on in!

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Oh Amy I can relate!!! I will post pictures of my demolition later...my plumber is supposed to get here tomorrow but my pipes had better be unfrozen!! I've been so nervous at night with the deep freezes but I realize that the real nervousness comes when everything starts to thaw...THAT's when you have to be on alert!

The Nill Family said...

Thinking of you guys!=(