Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Any Given Day

I'm a sentimental schmuck. If you know me at all, you know this. I have boxes of pictures from high school, albums from college, certificates from elementary school. Do I really need my, "accomplished juggler" certificate from 5th grade? Some would say no. Everytime we move, I come across these random pieces of my past and I have moments of rememberance. I love those moments that lift my spirits on any given day.
I have one of Logans' newborn baby sandals in the bottom of my laundary basket. It got put there a few years ago by who knows which kid. I was doing laundary and came across it and smiled. So I left it. I still see it and smile every time. I have 5 pictures hanging in our kitchen that Leah has drawn for me over the years. I put them in places that I frequent so that I smile throughout the day. I love them. I have a picture next to my side of the bed that Ryan took for me. When he was camping a few years ago with my dad and brother, he took the time to carve our initials into a wooden fence post. He took a picture of it and then took a second picture with him sitting next to it because he knew I'd love it. I do love it and I see it everyday and smile. Everytime.
I have a drawer that holds special cards i've recieved from my parents, siblings, best of friends and my family over the years. I think it's so important to hold onto pieces that remind me of love, goodness, and happy.
I have a new piece in our house. It's in my jewelry box on my dresser. My new piece is a tube of bubbles from Maggie's service. I saw them today and thought of Maggie and smiled. I was immediately taken back to her service when our family gathered around her gravesite. It was hot outside. It was breezy. We all had a tube of bubbles to blow. The picture I choose to keep from that day is the moment when all the bubbles were floating around and the wind was blowing through the chimes in the trees around us. Everyone was smiling and quiet. It was beautiful.
Maggie's part of my permanent rememberances. Everytime I open my jewelry box, i'll see her bubbles and smile. And everytime I smile because of Maggie, i'll be thankful that she's one of the things that lifts my spirits on any given day.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I love this post :) I have my bubbles too and I remember it the same way - the quiet and the chimes. Well said.