God works in mysterious ways. That's what they say. Ryan and I are saving every penny so that we can have an enjoyable holiday season with our families this year. We have birthdays and travel plans...and have had prayers going up daily that we can be wise with our finances, allowing us to have a nice holiday season, preferably stress free.
I've been working for a family for the last few weeks. Turns out her husband works for the airline. Turns out, he has access to some super-discount airline tickets. Turns out, they offered to put our names on a stand-by list for our Christmas travel plans!!! Not only would this save us exponential amounts of money, but it would give us more time with family!
I see God working all around me and my family. He wants us to know that He is good. He loves us and is faithful. I was reminded on Wednesday morning at my Ladies Bible class that God was faithful to Abraham. He left his people and country and his father's house as God commanded him. He was in a foreign land for over 20 years with no more than a tent and clothes to his name. But he was faithful. Shortly after, God pointed him up to the stars in the sky. He promised Abraham that He would make his descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky. Sarah was old. Her body was WAY beyond fertility. We're talking a petrified uterus here...and God was faithful. He planted a seed and through that seed, we were given the Christ.
God is faithful. So when i'm shown love from friends around me, and giant gestures of kindness, I need to be quick to thank God for being faithful. And I need to be more quick to remember that even when the times seem tough and that there's no way things are going to work out, He will make a way. God has been faithful. He's given us another option in a seemingly optionless situation. Not so mysterious, is He?!
No comments:
Post a Comment