Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Davis Mountains 2009




We had such a great time this year out in the Davis Mountains!! The kids were so well behaved, entertained themselves with the rocks and sticks and everything else in the area. We were so relaxed, able to enjoy the fresh air and each others' company. The campground was quiet this year with very little drama. We went to a star party at the McDonald Observatory again. We rode horses and ate amazing pancake breakfasts up at the lodge. We slept well in our snug tent, waking up to 20 degree temperatures on more than one occasion! We hiked and napped, we listened to the campfire. We went into town and got firewood and snacks...we went for drives and even saw Christmas lights! Logan used few pull ups, as he enjoyed going potty on the rocks". Leah was in her element, lit up and alive all bubbly and happy. Logan clung to Ryan, and they enjoyed some serious bonding time :) My parents came out on Wednesday night and we enjoyed Thanksgiving with them. We even cooked a real turkey! It was the tastiest i've ever had. I don't have pictures from before they came because my camera battery died and I couldn't find the charger. My parents took the kids overnight for 2 nights, so Ryan and I enjoyed a quiet campfire and full-nights rest both nights! I can't say that Mom and Dad got as much sleep as we did, but I think they had fun too. Thanks Mom and Dad for making the trip, spending time with us and for loving us so much! We love you too.
We're so thankful for the sanctuary God provided for us out in the mountains last week. We look forward to enjoying it again next year. It truly energizes us and reminds us of how greatful we are for our little family and the blessings we have been given. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I can't quit watching the slideshow, Aim. It's like a fulfillment of the plans God has been making for you your whole life. You're right where you should be and exactly who you were designed to be. I'm so proud of you, my sister who follows her dreams and the Will of our Savior. I LOVE YOU and I LOVE who you ARE!

p.s. Sometimes, I see you look at your babies, and I can remember you having the SAME expression on your face when you would teach me things when we were kids. I love it.