Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Friday, June 4, 2010

June Bugs








It's summertime! We've officially broken in the pool, sprinkler and homemade popsicle mold. Ryan's last day of school is today and we're already ready for a new bottle of sunscreen! I wanted to post a few pictures of the kids, and a few things we've been up to in the last week or so. As far as updates for friends and family there are really only a few. Leah started soccer last week and LOVES it! I asked her which she liked more, soccer practice or dance class. I was sure her answer would be dance class, but she pulled a fast one on me. Her response was, "Soccer practice. It's a lot harder. But I can do it." I'm sensing a little competitive streak in her and I have to say that we love it. She's starting to sound out words all by herself and is getting excited to get registered for kindergarten in May. (I know it's a ways off, but we figure there's no harm in getting her excited about such a big change.) Logan is still a clown. He truly enjoys nothing more than making us all laugh. I'm happy to report that he is 100% potty trained. He's worn "Mater-wear" (underwear with Mater from Cars), for naps and overnight for over a week now and hasn't had a single accident! He doesn't like to be wet or dirty, and we've really benifited from that. He's talking like a rockstar and it's so fun to watch him play with Leah..they're really good pals. I'm doing well too. Check up yesterday with my doctor went well. I'm going to stay on my medicines and continue learning how to not feel anxious or let outside issues get me worked up. I'm running or walking every morning now and really am enjoying the quiet time and feeling like my old self again. I don't remember feeling like this since before Leah was born. Ryan and I are both thankful for the positive effect of the medicine.
We're all anxious to get on the road on the 17th to head up to Duluth for a few days before going to Ryan's hometown for the week. We know it will be a blast this year, the kids keep getting more and more fun!
So here's some pictures for you. Have a happy start to your summer!
p.s. Logan's favorite robot p.j.'s from Grant and Vanessa are getting too snug and Ryan thought he'd give them a stretch...we were all cracking up and I tried to grab a few pictures with Ryan's phone. Enjoy!

No comments: