Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

He Always Knows

Wednesday September 22, 2010

Women's Bible Study at church started 3 weeks ago. I love the women that attend. They are wise beyond words. They are willing to work, serve, share, laugh, cry, listen, be honest, relate, give each other the benifit of the doubt, give God the glory for everything, not repeat heartfelt prayer requests, not gossip, hug, compliment, share recipes, help with kids, and so forth and so on. They are a growing group of women, one of which I'm so thankful to have been a part of for 3 years now. I've established relationships and grown so much over the last 3 years. I know that is large in part to these women.
Every Wednesday, we all meet together in the fellowship hall to hear a lecture on our weeks reading. We also enjoy breakfast and treats brought by one group. We drink coffee and water and visit for about 20 mintues before we sing a song together, have announcements, learn about a missionary and their prayer requests and then go to God in prayer. A lecture follows and then another prayer. Next, we break into small groups for discussion over what we read and the questions we've answered before coming to class. We also have a time at the end of class, especially for prayer. We lift one another up and rejoice together in answered prayers.
Today before our small groups started, I overheard two women in my group chatting across the tables. They both have sons serving in the military. One has a son that is in the Army, and has been to Iraq twice. The other is the mother of a Marine, who expressed her fear that her son may someday be deployed.
I took GREAT comfort in these ladies. I didn't speak up and share what Ryan and I are planning to do here in the next few weeks. But I did stop and realize that God has placed me in this group for a specific purpose. I have 2 women, probably the same age as my mom, that I know are faithful, wise, prayer warriors. I know that they will be able to give me sound advice, encouragement and wisdom when I get to share our plans. I also know that if I need to cry or share some fears that I have, they will be right there holding my hand, probably crying with me.
We don't have an Army or Marine base here in this area. It's so incredible that God has seen fit to place these women in my path at just the right time. Isn't He precious?
Thank you, Father for knowing what I need when I need it. Thank you for these precious women that have the same feelings that I do about being scared or afraid. Thank you for giving all of us the confidence that You are in control. Not just of our paths, but of where You plan to send their sons and my husband. We are ALL your children and I thank you for choosing us, for wanting us, for giving us a purpose for you, and for hearing our prayers before we know to pray them. Thank you for your Spirit who will pray for me when I can't and when these women aren't able to find the words for their sons. Father, protect their hearts, and the hearts of their sons. Protect my heart and protect Ryan's heart. We are yours and we want to serve you. Allow us to be willing to follow when you lead.
In Jesus' name I pray,
Amen

No comments: