It's September! That means pieces of fall will begin to show themselves, and full blown fall is right around the corner! Wal-Mart put out pumpkins in the produce section yesterday, the kids and I can take a walk at 4:00p.m. and we don't melt from extreme heat. These little things are why I love fall. That and it smells good, and it's beautiful, and it sounds crunchy and it's snuggly. In our household it means the beginning of tons of fun, too. Halloween, our annual camping trip, Thanksgiving, Logan's birthday, the Christmas concert at church, Christmas, Leah's birthday, Ryan's birthday...beautiful. Our kids aren't in school yet, but Ryan still starts school every year and it's exiciting for me too. I love to see kids at Target wtih their moms or dads, picking out school supplies. My favorite is seeing a basket-full of an area rug, a tacky lamp and some Clorox wipes...and riding highest on the basket is the mom's high hopes that their freshman kid will acutally use them.
Leah and I have started Preschool here at home 2-3 days a week. She's reading age appropriate books now, it's incredible. While she's already known how to spell and write her name, she's learning how to use the lines on the page for all of the alphabet and numbers. She loves it. I thought I'd take the kids to the Dallas Science Museum of Natural History...here are a few pictures from the beginning of our fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment