Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Elmer's Eye Boogers

It's more and more clear everyday how similar each kid is to me or Ryan. Yesterday, they were trying to help Elmer with a tissue, to get an "eye booger" out. I've seen Leah doing it for a couple months now all on her own. She sits nicely with him on the floor, holds his head in the crook of her arm and talks to him gently while she cleans him off. Logan decided to do it yesterday and Leah was there watching and talking him through it. He got his tissue, stood next to him, on his toes, and leaned into it. Elmer kept turning his head so instead of Logan sitting with him and holding his head, Leah sat down and gently cradled him still for Logan. Logan swiped it away, and held it out at arms length, proud of his work. I asked him to take it to flush in the toilet. He walked in the bathroom and before he could flush, Leah and I heard him gagging. All I could do was laugh. He's so similar to me, and Leah is so similar to Ryan. I love it, and I love their little spirits!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Oh goodness. I love everything about this post. It made me laugh so, so much and love you and your kids and husband even MORE (as if that was possible!)!