Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just a few things I love...

I love reading at night. When I was little I couldn't see without my glasses, and reading in bed at night wasn't comfortable. I never learned to love the language of reading and words. With the aid of my contact lenses, and uplifting literature, i've discovered the pleasure of reading before I fall asleep. Some people do it for the story. Some people do it to escape their own reality. I read because the author gives me beautiful characters to emmulate, and happy thoughts before I fall asleep. I won't deny that I crave the silent time I have with only myself to be looked after.
I love tucking my cold arm under the covers after it's been holding my book for an hour or so. I fall asleep immediately.
I love waking up in the morning in our tent after it has rained outside. You'd think one wouldn't sleep well in a tent in the rain, but I find the opposite to be true. The fact that a slip of rayon separates me from the rain, bears, mountain lions and other predators...is quite invigorating. The smell of the rain-drenched fire-pit puts me over the edge.
I love Golden Oreo Cakesters. There aren't words to describe why...just try one and then try not to eat the rest of the box.
I love the sound of 400 voices singing to our Lord. He is worthy. He is holy. He is gracious. He is just. He is love. He is comfort. He is true. He is holy. I love hearing His people sing to Him!

No comments: