Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Monday, November 10, 2008

They're growing up...

The kids are growing up. They're so much fun! Ryan and I were on a walk with the kids last night and we were having a hard time believing how old they are getting. Leah just looks taller in her fast, "swoosh" pants and tennis shoes. And Logan took 8 little steps to me last night. Ryan and I both saw it happen,...it was pretty neat. Those moments that he and I get to share together are pretty special. He had the same look on his face when I told him I was pregnant both times, both times the kids were born, when Leah walked for the first time. He even had the same look on his face the first time Leah dipped her chicken in Ranch sauce. It's a look that says, "Did you see that too?!" I'm assuming that when these things happen, I have a look he remembers too. Actually, I scream and get all teary eyed. I guess as the kids grow up, our relationship grows up too. We add new experiences to our resume of marriage. Everytime we add one more neat thing like that to the list, our relationship gets stronger. Like when we get to sit in church together on Sunday mornings and he puts his arm around me to keep me warm. He knows I get cold even in long-sleeves, and he lets his arm fall asleep if that's what it takes to keep me warm. Our memories become deeper and more special because he and I share those moments together. Nobody else gets to see those momemts and that's what it's all about. Lots of little moments that help build up our willingness to keep on pushing through. It makes the not so fun moments in life worth every ounce of effort on our part. I'm so greatful that I like the guy I'm sharing those moments with. I think he likes me too! We're so greatful for God's grace in our lives. What a nice thing He decided to do, by sharing Ryan and Leah and Logan with me. I'm a lucky lady.

1 comment:

Kara Scharrer said...

Erik and I really liked your blog post! You had me in tears. A marriage relationship is such a special thing, uniquely different from any other relationship. I'm happy that you have been so blessed with a great husband and cute kids! :)