We get to leave this morning! We're mostly packed. All that's left is the camping gear, and dropping Elmer off at Jeff and Corey's house. He loves them. It could be that they're great guys. Or, it could be that he gets spoiled ROTTEN everytime he's there! He always seems a bit more anxious to climb on furnaiture and into beds...and has a polished taste for the finer foods once he's been in the Densk home. They love him, we know he's in good hands, and we're greatful for good friends.
Elmer and I chased a tiny little mouse around the house last night for over an hour! A hidden camera would have been hilarious. I was standing up on our bed with everything that was on our floor being packed, piled up under me. I had one of my boots in my hand, ready to hurl at the little varmin. I'd already chucked the other boot, I was close but those things are clunky and i'm not the best aim. And poor Elmer had both front arms under my dresser trying desperately to get that nasty little mouse! It was making him crazy, he got so excited he kept peeing, even after I let him outside!
We never did catch that thing, i'm hoping it went back through the hole in our unfinished shower to it's mouse house. And if not, I guess it'll have free reign of the house while we're away. He's sure to scare away any intruders so I guess that's a plus.
We'll send a text or two to family while we're away. Don't worry about us, we're so excited to go spend time together and enjoy some creation for a whole week!
Love you all,
Our family
No comments:
Post a Comment