As much as the kids remind me of each other, they're also miles apart on similarities. They both like to play in the water outside. Leah will play for a little while and then sensibly come and ask for a towel or will just change herself into dry clothes. Logan, on the other hand, will play until his lips are blue. We have to drag him kicking and screaming out of the water. Leah has grown out of her crying fits when I clip her nails. Logan on the other hand doesn't stop with crying while I'm trying to clip his nails. He actually tries to crawl away from me. I end up with cramped hands by the time it's all said and done, from holding onto his little piggies so tightly. Leah will try any new food we put in front of her. No matter the texture, color or temperature, she'll give it a whirl. Logan on the other hand holds out and goes hungry if that's what it takes to not try a bite he's not sure about. Logan can be laid in his bed, in the dark and can soothe himself to sleep. Leah on the other hand, wants to say prayers, me to sing a song, have her nightlight on, a book in her bed, her Teddy, her princess blanket and her fan on.
I realize some of these things have to do with their ages. Time will tell how they are more and less similar. I'm glad they've got their own personalities. I'm also glad they're stubborn. My mom says that if we can funnel that strong willed attitude in the right direction, it'll serve them well as they grow up.
Thanks to Stephen for the beautiful pictures he took of the kids a few weekends ago when we were all together. You've captured some of my favorite moments of them on film. What a precious gift!
P.S. House news...we start packing this weekend, I plan to do some heavy duty cleaning and painting soon too. We were supposed to be moving into a 2 bedroom townhome but the company needed that unit for their office. They've upgraded us to a 3 bedroom with a loft area!! What a blessing, we're very excited to be moved and have the process finished. We can sign our lease and get our keys on April 24th!











No comments:
Post a Comment