







We woke up to a blanket of snow today! I love the first snow, everything is quiet and muffled. The kids were so excited to get up and get dressed and go play. They've only played in the snow once or twice, and both times were at least a year ago. I didn't know how much they'd remember the cold, or the wet, or if they'd even want to go out and play. All those cartoons about moms wrapping and stuffing the kids into their snow gear, sweating and being exhausted before even going outside to play are true!! This is out of the norm for us. Usually, i'm packing the pool bag and loading up extra goggles. It takes about 3 minutes and we're out the door, flip-flopping our way down to the water.
It was a nice change of pace and the kids had so much fun! The snow was a little wet, perfect for a snowman. Leah named him Frosty. We even took time to get a carrott for our snowman's nose :)
I'm greatful that Logan and Leah and I are all feeling better. Sweet Jackson is sick again today so we didn't get to share the experience with him. I know that if the snow would have come earlier, or the kids would have been sick now instead of last week, we wouldn't have been able to really enjoy it like we did today.
Thank you Lord for giving us something beautiful and pure to enjoy. Thank you for warm clothes and healthy bodies so that we can go outside and smell the clean air. Thank you for big snowflakes that we can catch with our mouths open wide. Thank you for grandma's and grandpa's that give us snowboots and warm coats. Thank you for camera phones so we can capture these pictures forever. Thank you for the questions the kids ask and moments that I can share Your love with them. Thank you for being creative and making snow look and feel and sound and smell perfect. And thank you for only sending it to Texas every so often. Your timing is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment