Here we are, the Davis clan. We're venturing out into the world, trying to follow God's lead. We hope you'll enjoy watching our family learn and grow.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ask and you shall receive...



Ryan has recently implemented family devotional time. We typically read one of the stories from the kids Bible and then discuss it, make sure they understand it, point out how miraculous God is, how powerful He is, etc...and then apply it to our life. Tonight after church, we decided to talk about prayer and forgiveness. Here's the conversation:


Ryan asked the kids, "If we tell a lie, how do we ask for forgiveness?"
Leah said, "We ask God to forgive us for lying."
Ryan said, with eyes closed as if praying, "God, I'm sorry for lying and sinning. Please forgive me for lying. Help me not want to lie anymore."
I said, "Lord, please change my heart so I don't want to sin anymore."
Logan said, "And please change my nose so It's not sick anymore."

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

This made me laugh so hard! Ahhha!! I love that you write this stuff down! Don't stop doing that-EVER!

Christi said...

Ah, I love this story : ) Love that you guys study the Bible all together, love Leah's answer, love Logan's answer, love all of it.

(And, did I mention I love the new look of your blog?)