Dragon/Castle Cake
Andrew and Logan discussing the dragon. So sweet!
What a great group of friends. Everyone got comfy on the floor for supper...and not one complaint!
We saw a little snow a few weeks ago...
I caught Leah reading to Jackson and Logan last week. All of the pictures were fuzzy, but I thought it was too sweet not to post. They love each other and i'm so thankful they're growing up together!
Fruits of the Spirit trees...when I catch the kids showing one of fruits of the Spirit, they get to choose that fruit and put it on their tree! It's been so fun so far!
Fruits of the Spirit bowl...
Being home full-time has lots of perks. The obvious are as follows...I get to be with my kids all day. I get to teach them. I get to snuggle them. I don't have to get a shower as soon as I wake up...I can use cleaning bathrooms or dusting as an excuse to wait a few hours to get to that chore. I get to eat what I want for lunch. Not like when I taught and packed my lunch the night before, and was stuck with whatever seemed good when I packed it. These are among the perks of being home full-time.
There are some challenges too. You've got your classic seclusion from everyday society, your hard work that doesn't look like it was really ever done, (didn't I just fold those 4 loads of laundry and why aren't they still in nice orderly piles on my bed? Oh yes, the kids were just jumping on that bed...that was also made up nicely this morning, next to my clean bathroom that mysteriously smells like urine...again! and that kitchen that was actually sparkling after breakfast this morning smells like bacon and the floor is sticky again. Sigh.) To offset some of the challenges, one of my outlets for conversation and interaction is the internet. Facebook. Blogs. E-mail. Skype with my mom.
This last week, sweet Jackson was at home sick. We gave him croup. I had it first and then I gave it to Logan. His turned into an ear-infection. Leah has it now...and so for the last 7 nights, all 4 of us have been camped out in mine and Ryan's bedroom overnight. No problem...jump online and chat with a friend or two, it'll take away the blah's... seems as though our computer contracted a ka-zillion viruses this last week! I spent over 4 hours on the phone yesterday trying to understand the dialect of the man giving me instructions over the phone...and it still wasn't fixed. Ryan took over that duty this morning and has everything working again.
So as the snot is seeming to dry up a bit, and our computer seems to be running smoothly again, I realize I've gone a week without the computer. And I have a few pictures to share. Some are from awhile ago and grandparents have been waiting to see. My apologies. Just a few pictures of what my being home full time allows me to enjoy with my family. I'm thankful and feel totally blessed to be here with my kids and husband. I'm even thankful for their sweet snot.
1 comment:
I love you, Amy! So heart-felt...I agree with the challenges, but you are right...the perks by far out weigh them. I am glad your family is feeling better. It's crazy there was snow by you guys? I look forward to reading your blog. Those kiddos are too cute and I love that you and Ryan do devotionals with them. So important! Little Leah...seems very bright and sweet little Logan, a little comedian maybe? I love when they are just being them...they don't have to try to be funny...they just are! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment